One of Melbourne's premier food, function & entertainment venues.
- Centrally located in the heart of the city and newly renovated.
- The Colonial boasts of great dining serving "Traditional Pub Meals" while specialising in Melbourne's best steaks.
- Meals available from 11.30 am - 9.30 pm 7 days a week.
- Featuring four independent bar areas with a large selection of beverages on tap complimented by an extensive wine list.
- The Colonial offers excellent function facilities with four independent areas to choose from.
Renowned as one of Melbourne's most exclusive restaurants when Lazars, The Colonial retains all the splendor associated with its long history remaining one of Melbourne's best known eateries.
The Colonial combines the charm and comfort of a traditional hotel with the classic elegance of old school Melbourne. If you seek choice drinking, conversation and people watching, The Colonial is the perfect destination.
The spot has already become popular with area professionals for lunch and dinner meetings and events, with The Colonial offering many separate and unique environments. There's always something going on at The Colonial. From Karaoke ( see karaoke ) on Friday nights to a meeting place before and after the football across the road at Telstra Dome to regularly being the venue of choice to some of the biggest night club events on the Melbourne calander regularly featuring international acts from all round the world ( see Brown Alley ).
Boasting a classic ambience only associated with a building in excess of 150 years. The Colonial features Classic high ceilings, period bluestone walls, French imported chandeliers and extravagant spiraling staircases. The Colonial's polished jarrah timber bars feature one of Melbourne's best selections of tap beer, offering an extensive wine list, and a cellar full of a variety of Australia's best wines, many of which are sold by the glass for you to enjoy.
Friday & Saturday evenings the Colonial transforms into one of Melbourne's most popular bars and entertainment venues. With entertainment continuing untill the early hours of the morning, making the most of one of Melbourne's only 24 hour liquor licences.
- now available all day every day 11.30 am - 9.30 pm
- our menu is continually adjusted for variety with at least 10 exciting daily specials always on offer
- finger food packages available from $60 per platter.
- each platter has a minimum of 100 pieces of food with a minimum of 5 exciting food selections.
Dining Menu Download PDF Brochure
Karaoke - Fridays
We still offer a free karaoke room from 5pm - 3am (available with private room for function bookings)